Windows Server Technical Specialist
Our client is expanding their Windows Server automation capability, and have the requirement for a Technical Specialist to engage on an initial 6month contract.
The capability includes deployment and management of Windows Server to over 80 locations globally, covering VMWare and Azure environments.
This is an independent developer role, requiring someone who can stand on their own two feet and deliver without needing reassurance. You will also be assigned an operational resource to mentor, so strong communication skills are a must.
- End to end responsibility to develop Ansible playbooks for automation of key Windows Server actions.
- End to end responsibility includes the discovery of existing manual procedures, defining Playbook design, producing Playbook code, testing Playbook code, documentation (as-built design and test results), and documenting process checklists for support teams.
- While there are other technical experts, you will be working independently. As such, if challenges are faced you will be expected to own those challenges and work with others to resolve them, rather than hand-off to others. There will be a Project Manager and a Service Owner to support you.
- Responsibility to coach an operational resource on playbook development. The operational resource will be seconded at least 50% of their time for periods of 6 or more weeks.
Skills and Qualifications Required:
- Ansible Tower and Ansible platform support. Ansible certified qualifications an advantage.
- Excellent experience in managing Git-based software version control. Experience with Azure DevOps an advantage.
- Excellent skills in administering Windows Servers in both VMWare and Azure environments, in particular by using code.
- Excellent skills in coaching colleagues to build their skills and gain the benefit of your knowledge.
- Excellent documentation skills.
- Strong knowledge of SCRUM methodologies (we will be working using SCRUM).
For more information about this opportunity please reach out to Jacob on (08) 6363-5354 or Jacob@fullcirclepartners.com.au