Specialist – Rail Major Shuts
We have a permanent position available within the primary resources sector for an experienced Contract/Procurement specialist.
The purpose of the Specialist Role is to support the Rail Maintenance division to deliver its Major Shuts Program against key priority areas of Safety, People, Value, Partnership, and Growth.
*Please note, occasional site travel will be required.
- Maintain the highest standard of health and safety performance by implementing a personal safety plan, exhibit behaviors consistent with zero tolerance, leading by example with colleagues, team members, and suppliers, and acting in accordance with HSE policies.
- Drive ‘Safety’ into the contract and procurement processes in order to meet and exceed minimum safety standards.
- Deliver the Major Shuts Procurement and Contract Plan in alignment with Global and Regional category and sourcing strategies
- Seek an understanding of priority and plan for the RNR program and execute and manage contracts and other commercial actions to support the effective delivery of the RNR program in the short term and over long plan cycles.
- Create and/or facilitate key control points including – but not limited to Commercial strategy endorsement, Negotiation plan approval, Recommendation to award approval.
- Lead and/or support negotiations with key suppliers to ensure maximum benefits to Business Units.
- Manage key suppliers under contract by:
- reinforcing roles and responsibilities;
- assessing and managing contract performance in consultation with Business Unit;
- focusing on key deliverables; and
- Acting as the commercial conduit between the Business Units and supplier on all commercial matters.
- Resources industry experience – mandatory
- Rail industry experience – highly desirable
- EPCM/Project procurement experience – highly desirable
- Minimum Bachelor degree qualification in a relevant field, including Commerce, Engineering, and/ or Law.
- Desirable: Finance; QS and/ or Data Analytics qualifications.
- Minimum 10 years of construction experience in mining or related industry
- Construction procurement and contracts experience
- Development of various commercial models, including target operating cost model; pain/ gain; lump sum, and time and materials
- Proven negotiation capability
- Effective written and oral communication skills
- Demonstrated time management skills and stakeholder engagement
- Proficiency in the Microsoft suite: in particular, Excel, PowerPoint, and Word
To register your interest in this position, please send your word format CV to email@example.com or call Polly on (08) 6363-5354 for more information.