Server Infrastructure Engineer
- Initial 6 Month contract
- 2 Late nights per week/Flexi working
- Vmware; Linux; Azure; Ansible
We’re looking for a Server Infrastructure Engineer to engage in an initial 6month contract with our client located in the Perth CBD area.
Looking for someone with a Linux background who wants a mixture of tech and business interaction, that is prepared to work some late nights. The successful candidate will have the capability to deploy and manage Windows Server to over 80 locations globally, covering VMWare and Azure environments. As part of expanding the automation capability, there will be infrastructure changes required to the Ansible Tower platform.
- Ordering (via internal processes), tracking, and technical acceptance of Linux servers to move and expand the Ansible Tower Platform.
- Plan, migrate and validate the move of production Ansible Tower to the new Linux servers in the new data center.
- Design and installation of a database server to be used by the playbook developers for storing persistent variables
- Simplify the Active Directory-based permissions model used by Ansible service accounts for Server administration (simplification of Group Policies and Security Group usage)
- In conjunction with third-party vendor, implementation of CyberArk for Ansible secret management. This will include the migration of existing secrets from Ansible to CyberArk.
Note the role requires a significant amount of coordination (with existing Ansible users), collaboration (with Ansible service owner), and administration activities (placing orders, change control, downtime notifications) in addition to technical expertise. As such, this is not a purely technical role as it requires end-to-end responsibility without handoffs to another person/team to complete the coordination/ collaboration/ administration just described.