Initial 6month contract opportunity for a Project Coordinator to work with a well-known organisation in Perth.
The Project Coordinator is responsible for the provision of project services organisation and coordinator for Projects, Programmes and Portfolios. The key focus area of this role is to assist the Project/Programme Manager with the coordination of schedules, associated resources, and information to enable Programme and Project success. You will contribute to other planning and monitoring activities, as required and also play a proactive role in knowledge management and governance by providing support and guidance on Portfolio, Programme, and Project management processes, procedures, tools and techniques.
- Supports the Project/Programme Manager in utilising recommended Portfolio, Programme, and Project control solutions for tracking and monitoring Project controls, such as risks, issues, change, dependency, lessons learned, and working logs
- Assists the Project/Programme Manager with monitoring and reporting of contractor and schedule progress
- Supports the Projects and Programmes by assisting with the preparation of documentation
- Assists the Project Manager with vendor liaison to support equipment and freight logistics and monitoring
- Supports the Project/Programme Manager, where required, to review and amend the Project schedule, budget, forecast, resource plan, change register and any other project documentation required
- Assists the Project/Programme Manager with the compilation of Portfolio, Programme, and Project management reports in order to provide timely and accurate reporting
- Supports the Project/Programme Manager by reviewing and providing data and recommendations in relation to quality performance of a Programme or Project to ensure alignment with Project targets
- Provides support based on knowledge of Project management and Rio Tinto Ways of Working; to support the adoption of methods and tools and adherence to best practice policies and standards
- Highlights any matters requiring attention and actions to the Project Manager/Programme Manager
- Recommends any potential usage and application of methods and tools improvements to the Project/Programme Manager
- Assists with any enquiries or problems concerning Programmes/Projects as directed by the Project/Programme Manager
- Collects and analyses data associated with Projects/Programmes and develops appropriate reports
- Where required assists the Project Manager as a liaison with Procurement groups to ensure clear two-way communication and proactive follow up during the end-to-end procurement process
- Maintain knowledge and document repositories.
Skills and Qualifications Required:
- Demonstrated understanding of portfolio, program, and project methodologies, principles, and concepts.
- High proficiency in SAP and Microsoft Office suite
- Good negotiation and influencing skills, and confidence to operate at all levels of the business
- Customer focus and strong understanding of the business context
- Excellent time management, organisational, and communication skills.
- Bachelor degree in relevant discipline or significant experience relevant to the project(s) of work
- Minimum 3 years experience delivering project support services, preferably in a complex program/project environment.
- Operating in an international context, including participation in global teams and specifically project teams
- Relationship builder builds rapport
- Operates efficiently and effectively
- Positive attitude
- Self-starter who uses initiative
- Confident and empowered to push back and say no
- Sound understanding of Project drivers
For more information please reach out to Claire at Claire@fullcirclepartners.com.au