HANA Database Administrator
A great opportunity to join the SAP support team in a large project as HANA Database Administrator.
- 6-month contract and rolling
- Large project team
- Perth CBD location
- Maintain a HANA database landscape, as well as coordinate with the SAP BASIS and ABAP teams.
- Be the primary technical specialist supporting all HANA environment lifecycle phases including planning, installation, configuration, patching, change management, as well as backup and recovery planning.
- Provide technical expertise for HANA performance and tuning, as well as ensure all HANA systems maintain smooth operations through high-availability and disaster recovery.
- Database troubleshooting, problem solving, application capacity planning, and optimization of database resources.
Required Skills and Experience
- Strong database troubleshooting skills – performance tuning, patching, and high-availability of HANA systems
- Experience using database trace utilities and trace log-file analysis
- Use HANA studio, DBA cockpit, analyze, traces and dumps for memory and CPU consumption
- Ability to configure predictive system warnings and monitor metrics to avoid unexpected system outages
- Knowledge of SAP database management transaction codes
- Ability to implement SAP HANA table management techniques, including data compression, table partitioning, compression techniques, and load/unload tables in memory
- Demonstrated subject-matter expertise with HANA backup and recovery methods and tools
- Demonstrated experience managing and tuning HANA stored Procedures and Functions
- Strong communications and teamwork skills to implement database best-practices and ensure knowledge-sharing as part of a shared database and ERP system landscape
- Infrastructure is AWS cloud.
If you have the right skillset and experience, please apply (word format) directly to firstname.lastname@example.org
Only candidates with full Australian working right can be considered.